Not sure what’s the buzz about on Progressive Web Apps? Find a comparison below.
- PWAs can be run on most standard modern browsers while Native Apps require specific device specifications
- PWAs are installed simply by adding it to the home screen while Native Apps require a download and installation
- PWAs do not need to be updated manually as any changes made on the website is akin to updating the PWA while Native Apps require a download and update
- PWAs are found in via the very same website you are keen in while Native Apps usually requires a trip to the App Store
- PWAs can be made to run faster than Native Apps when optimised
While there are still areas where Native Apps outperform such as making use of device capabilities ( for example sensors ), the PWA scene is fast evolving and we may see the equivalent capabilities soon!
Not sure what PWAs are available? Find a ever growing list at the PWA App Store .